When writing various essays, there are different sections that you might need to include. In these different sections, there may be important details that you should remember to mention. For example, the following outlines various things that you shouldn’t forget to include in your rationale.
- The objectives of your paper
- Why the topic that you have chosen is particularly important
- Any methods that you will use in order to complete the work
- Why it is that you think you need to cover the topic in greater detail than it has already been covered
- Any additional materials and papers written about the subject that you may wish to recommend
- Any difficulties that may be faced when completing the work
- Your personal strengths in relation to your ability to get the work done
- Any expectations you may have
One of the first things that you may wish to mention is any information relating to the objectives of your paper. In fact, highlighting the objectives is one of the most crucial parts of your rationale.
Of course, not only should you identify what it is you will be researching, but it is also important to give some further details as to why you think that particular topic is important to warrant your investigation.
Another thing to bear in mind is that you should include details of any methods that you will use in order to gather evidence and information.
As well as identifying your objectives, and why the topic is important to you as a student, you should discuss why you feel that your paper is required, particularly if there is other evidence and work written about the topic.
In fact, if there are any additional materials and papers that have been written on the subject, it can be a good idea to recommend them in your rationale.
As with any academic work, there is a possibility that you will run into some difficulties. It is a good idea to highlight any difficulties that you think you might face.
Another thing that is important to mention is any strengths that you think you personally have, and why they will help you to complete the work.
Finally, you may wish to include some sort of hypothesis, or details of any expectations that you might have.