A research paper is one of the most involving academic papers that students write at the end of their term, normally the last year. It involves a lot of reading and literature review as well as data collection and analysis. Most students find it hectic to do the whole paper on their own so they either work in groups or they seek professional help. Experts charge for their services so if a student cannot meet the cost, they have no option but to write their own paper. However, one should not give up on the prices since some custom writers offer fair prices. It is always advisable for one to search well before they dismiss writers on the basis of costs. For those who decide to write their research paper, they can get samples online to guide them. These could be found in general custom writers’ websites or in specialized academic sites. The basic requirement is to identify a reliable source then get the sample either for free or for a fee.
Most academic institutions prefer to have papers written in APA style. This is the generally accepted style by the American Psychological Association. Most online writers have categorized their samples and so it is easy to find the right one. One should know what characterizes such a paper before they embark on a search for one. The following are the features to look out for.
- Double spacing must be done on the whole research paper including notes and quotations
- Titles of books, films and periodicals must be underlined.
- Sources should be acknowledged using citation and quotes to avoid plagiarism
- All page numbers must be written at the upper right hand corner
- One should not name more than six authors in a single citation
- In case one mentions two or more books by the same author, the earliest edition must be mentioned first
Many students may not really tell the clear differences between various styles of writing. However, after getting samples from expert writers, they can identify the difference and do the right thing. APA style appears complex for beginners but with practice it turns out to be the simplest.